Start your career, early!
Learn about the Financial Planner career and build your communication and business skills during a summer internship. For the internship period, interns gain first-hand experience in the financial services industry by working alongside a Financial Planner in one of our branch offices.
As a student preparing for your career, it’s important you find an opportunity that offers challenging work in a learning environment. At Allmerits Financial, you will find that unique opportunity as you team with a Financial Planner in his or her branch office.
During the summer internship, you’ll develop valuable relationships with knowledgeable mentors and gain business-building, communication and networking skills. Perhaps most importantly, you’ll be in the unique position to really see what it’s like on a daily basis to be a successful Financial Planner.
What the internship entails:
Experiences and activities to demonstrate what the work of a Financial Planner looks and feels like.
Training and practice to develop the ability to meet and talk with people.
As an intern, you may participate in the following activities:
- Branch seminar planning
- Marketing support
- Promotion of branch activities
- Assistance with networking and community involvement
- Assistance with client services as allowable
Who are we looking for?
Students will complete the internship the summer prior to graduation. Students interested in applying should meet the following criteria:
- Must be in good academic standing in college or university
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Have a strong interest in pursuing the Financial Advisor career
- Display excellent leadership, communication, teamwork and service skills